The Value of Gopius LMS to Instructors, Learners and Businesses
So, what value does GOPIUS LMS – Learning Management System – offer? This post shows the value of Gopius LMS to instructors, learners and businesses.
Gopius LMS is a learning management system that is built around the premise of aiding the teaching and learning process. Change is a constant and that rings true even in the education system. We cannot continue to rely on age old techniques in a world that is radically different from when these techniques were introduced.
How does it benefit its users?
Why should you use it?
Of what benefit is it to anyone who might consider using it?
What is GOPIUS LMS About?
Gopius is a free Learning Management System (LMS) for blended learning among instructors (teachers, lecturers or trainers) and learners (trainees or students) in businesses and schools in Nigeria.
It is a social networking web application appropriate for teaching and learning. Our LMS is a replica of the dominant conventional (face-to-face) instruction, but in an online social media app format.
It is capable of providing lecturers and teacher with the tools necessary for in-class communication as well as collaboration within and outside class room.
As a learning system for teaching and learning, Gopius LMS is endowed with the following features and more.
A lecturer can post lesson or send attached files to the full class; private notes can be sent to selected students.
Functions like an innovative notice board. Lecturers can broadcast announcements and lesson content to the learners.
Lecturers can create polls in order to maximize students’ understanding of opinions as well as their thoughts.
A lecturer can post assignments online; students answer online and can be graded online.
Essentially a self-management tool providing users with automated notifications of due dates and events, with a short description of the event.
Lecturers can evaluate students’ performance by administering assessments in the form of Multiple Choice Questions; True/False; matching; calculated; short or long answer questions.
Like the note or announcement, alerts appear in a bold and large font, serving as a clear reminder to students and lecturers about events, assignments and due dates.
The Benefits and Value of GOPIUS LMS
The first question we have to answer is, who does this benefit? With these top LMS tools and features, this LMS provides value for its users. Smart Lecturer benefits students, obviously; lecturers and teachers, it’s in the name; businesses; tutors and mentors. How does this benefit them? We will take it category by category.
LMS Benefits for Instructors
Have you ever wondered what students do with their mobile technologies and social media accounts during and after classroom instruction? With Gopius LMS, you can go a long way in ensuring that your students do something meaningful with their online presence.
- It reduces the space between the instructor and the learner.
- Gives the instructor a better supervision and grading system.
- It gives the instructor a place to store their material. Offline storage systems can be unreliable.
- Makes the process of education/mentorship less expensive.
- It fits to all schedules.
- It inspires creativity.
- Takes the lecture halls/meeting spaces online allowing a 24/7 education/mentorship process.
- Why LMS is the Future of Higher Education in Nigeria
- On the Unhelpful Aversion of Some Lecturers to Technology
LMS Benefits for Learners
Learners tend to gain a lot from using any LMS. Here are some of the reasons why Gopius LMS is/will be of great value to students or learners in general.
- It brings the learning process to the convenience of the learners.
- Allows for personal growth at the pace of the learner.
- Gives the student choice of direction.
- It brings the resource materials down to the level of the student.
- It helps the student stay in touch with the changing world.
- Helps learners save money.
- It inspires creativity.
- It can reduce the time it takes to learn as all related materials are directly available.
- Functions as a social site as well allowing learners across geographical distances simulate virtual classrooms.
Read also: 8 Career Readiness Skills Students Can Develop Using LMS
LMS Benefits to Businesses and Organisations
Gopius LMS isn’t just for higher education, as it was initially. Now businesses can utilise the LMS features and tools embedded in the Learning management system. Here is the value Gopius LMS brings to the table for businesses (both for the trainers and trainees).
- It aids in the training of employees
- Makes the work schedule a continuous process, as it allows the staff to access the office from wherever they are
- It aids connectivity
- Allows for geographical displacement without affecting output
- If used correctly, it increases productivity.
- Allows for easy supervision and mentoring
- It reduces overhead costs
- Acts as a storage space for company documents and all other business-related files.
Read also: Benefits of LMS for eLearning | Learning Management Systems
Gopius is a revolutionary website, which is set to redefine the process of education and business in Nigeria. With Smart Lecturer, the classroom/lecture halls, and offices become a 24-hour running system, thus increasing productivity.
See the Full List of Learning Management Systems in Nigeria as well as the Top E-Learning Platforms In Nigeria.
Here’s where we shall end this post on The Value of Smart Lecturer LMS to Teachers, Learners and Businesses. But I urge you ask yourself this question – is Learning Management System (LMS) | The Missing Link in Education in Nigeria?
By the way, start a free plan now. Bye for now.
Dr. Godwin Pius
Godwin Ekpo is an experienced Educationist and Learning Experience Designer with a proven track record of developing and implementing effective learning solutions for all kinds of organizations.