Gamification is being used by an increasing number of businesses to improve different elements of the workplace, including their learning management system (LMS). Employee learning and training can be quickly improved with the help of LMS gamification, which also has other advantages. Find out how by reading on.
Also read: How to Make Your LMS Experience Better
Gamification: What is it?
Gamification in the workplace is becoming more prevalent, but what does this actually mean? Gamification is a process that uses game-like aspects to improve learner engagement in non-game contexts including websites, online forums, and learning management systems (LMSs). 72% of workers say gamified systems motivate them to work harder when it comes to gamification in the workplace.
Gamification will spread more widely throughout enterprises as long as these programs successfully engage and inspire workers, which will certainly improve employee learning and training and have a positive impact on business outcomes.
Is Gamification Important to E-Learning?
E-learning has become crucial to workplace learning as a result of the convergence of developing technology and the transition to hybrid and remote employment. In fact, as a result of the pandemic and the accompanying rise in flexible working arrangements, 42% of firms increased their spending on learning tools and 35% increased their spending on courses.
In general, more businesses are utilizing eLearning and cutting-edge LMS platforms to improve learning outcomes for staff members, whether they are onsite, remote, or hybrid. Gamification benefits are becoming more and more available as eLearning usage increases. Implementing gamified methods at work can have a 60% increase in user engagement, which is a remarkably positive effect. In order to ensure that employees are making the most of their learning opportunities and courses at work, gamification will quickly become a crucial component of the eLearning experience.
Gains From LMS Gamification
Gamifying your LMS is a great method to provide your company access to a variety of advantages. A gamified LMS’s key benefits are as follows:
- Increasing tracking capabilities: By monitoring learner activity and progress, a good LMS will produce insightful data and analytics. Better management of each employee’s individual process and progress throughout implementation can be advantageous for your company.
- Improving the learning experience for employees: Businesses are becoming more and more conscious that employees cherish opportunities to learn and advance their careers at work. Only 29% of firms, however, have a detailed plan for employees’ learning and development. An efficient strategy to increase your training options and enhance the overall learning experience for your team members is to combine the use of an LMS and gamification tactics.
- Profiting from friendly internal rivalry inside enterprises is another benefit of LMS gamification. Leaderboards, badges, achievements, and point systems are just a few of the gamified approach’s reward mechanisms that can keep your team members motivated to stay up with high-achieving coworkers while also keeping them interested and productive.
- Increasing user engagement is perhaps the most important benefit provided by a gamified LMS approach to workplace learning. This benefit gives organizations the chance to greatly boost user engagement. Learning and development activities at work can easily become dull and repetitive, which can reduce the amount of knowledge that is kept and of future use. Workers can recall and learn information more efficiently with the help of gamified technologies.
- Improving your onboarding procedure: Major shifts to remote or hybrid working environments suggest that conventional onboarding procedures might not be enough anymore. Instead, businesses are increasingly using digital onboarding tools like gamification strategies and LMSs. It has been demonstrated that LMS gamified onboarding increases productivity, knowledge transfer, and retention rates in workplaces with flexible work schedules.
Methods Of Using Gamification To Enhance Your LMS
There are various game-like components to take into account when tailoring your LMS to your organization’s needs. The best gamification techniques to implement in your LMS are as follows:
Making a point system for your LMS will help you more efficiently track learners’ progress and is another gamification strategy you might think about. To use this strategy successfully, however, a consistent point system linked to precise criteria will be required. Giving out points can greatly improve team morale and provide your company with useful feedback at the same time.
Another gamified aspect that can boost motivation, engagement, and productivity at your business is a scoreboard. A source of encouragement for team members aiming to maintain peak performance and keep up with high-achieving coworkers, leaderboards allow learners to compare their success to that of other participants in their workplace or geographic area.
Badges serve as a type of compensation that honors a user’s accomplishment. This component can be customized to reflect your brand or it can just be a striking symbol that shows a skill that has been mastered. Badges are a great way to motivate your staff since they provide them the chance to promote their accomplishments on social media for the company.
The Role of Gamification and LMS in the Workplace of the Future
Has gamification arrived? Yes, to answer briefly. The market is growing as more companies become aware of and benefit from the benefits that a gamified LMS can provide. The following are some of the key gamification trends to watch in the upcoming years:
- Businesses use gamified ways to prioritize training and recruitment.
- Organizations with access to better data and reporting tools.
- A substantial expansion of the market.
In fact, it is anticipated that the global gamification industry will increase from $9.1 billion in 2020 to $30.7 billion by 2025. This exponential development is ascribed to the gamified workplaces’ higher levels of productivity, profitability, and employee engagement.
Pretty much across the board, gamification combined with an LMS can greatly enhance staff learning and training for your company. The engagement and productivity of your company can soar with the help of these cutting-edge technologies, and as a result, your company is likely to experience improved financial results.